2021 Awards Nominations
The pandemic prevented us from gathering in person at the 2020 ASCE Awards Event to recognize our colleagues’ engineering achievements. As Illinois starts to reopen and we get a glimpse of normalcy, the Illinois Section looks forward to hosting a live awards dinner in 2021. The engineering industry is fortunate to have navigated these difficult times and continues to strive toward excellence. The Illinois Section of ASCE needs your help in identifying and recognizing qualified individuals, projects, firms, and agencies for their contributions to civil engineering and our Society, especially during these unprecedented times. Award winners will be acknowledged during our Annual Awards Dinner taking place on October 14, 2021 at the Hyatt Regency Chicago.
Nominations for all 2020 awards are due by July 16, 2021. Please submit the original nomination(s) to Sarah Harbaugh, IS-ASCE, 35W749 Bluff Drive, St. Charles, Illinois 60175 or a pdf of the nomination packet electronically to email@example.com. Any questions can be emailed to Anne Marie Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IL Section Award recipients are eligible to be nominated by the Section to become candidates for the 2021 ASCE National Awards Program.
Please see the below links for award nomination forms and requirements for each of the following categories:
- Outstanding Civil Engineering Achievement Award (Four Project Size Categories Available)
- Sustainability in Civil Engineering Achievement Award
- Construction Engineering Person of the Year
- Civil Engineer of the Year
- Government Civil Engineer of the Year
- Young Civil Engineer of the Year
- Young Government Civil Engineer of the Year
- Citizen Engineer of the Year
- Public Involvement Award
- Public Sector Employer Recognition Award
- Private Sector Employer Recognition Award